Saturday, November 12, 2016

Reclaimed wood signs

I think I have said it before but I love to upcycle things.  Such a satisfaction in taking something that someone has discarded and creating something new.

Today, I am sharing some signs I created.  I love the distressed shabby look.  Hubby, not so much, so I am slowly sneaking bits and pieces into our home :)  He hasn't noticed yet, LOL.


Speaking of hubby, he had cut apart a pallet for me awhile back.  It was during a time of low crafting mojo for me so they were sitting unused for a long time.  He tried to take them to the dump but my daughter and I rescued them (again, LOL).  

I'm glad we did because the crafting mojo is back and I am having fun!

Some of the projects have been painted with Country Chic Chalk Paint, some have been left as is.  I love chalk paint, as it is so easy to create the distressed wood.  

This gorgeous piece, well it was already shabby painted... it was an old flimsy crate that I took apart. I just had to sand a little to smooth it a bit then I just stenciled the letters.  So easy!

There will be more projects to come... I have been busy!

Products used:

Reclaimed Wood





1 comment:

  1. Laurel, you have done total justice to my stencils! Your pallet signs look so authentic!

    And thank you for the mention!

    And may you be successful in the planting of your signs in your home, Where's Waldo style.

    I've featured you this weekend on DIY Salvaged Junk 354. Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete