Saturday, March 25, 2017

Dixie Belle Chalk Painted Reclaimed Wooden Signs

Today I am sharing some reclaimed wood projects that I created.  I LOVE to upcycle and I LOVE using reclaimed wood.  There is something about the character that old wood has that just makes my heart happy.

First up... I was very honored to receive some samples of Dixie Belle Paint to play with.  Have you used Dixie Belle Paint?  If not you need to!  Such gorgeous colors and it is so EASY to use!


I think I was a farm girl in my former life, I love everything old and shabby.  My husband on the other hand just thinks it looks old and much prefers new and modern.  Our first house was a little old house that I made into a shabby chic cottage feel.  Our current home, well, I did more modern... but since it has been about 13 years... I'm slowly sneaking in some old, vintage feeling items... so far... so good ;) 

I found an old crate at a garage sale and scooped it up right away as it was painted gray but was old and naturally distressed.  When I got it home I realized that it was not secure enough to be used as a crate so I took it apart and sanded down the pieces.  Then I went to work with some Dixie Belle Paint - Fluff and stencilled some lettering using stencils from Funky Junk Interiors.


It was a very quick and easy project and I love how it turned out.


Now as I was laying looking at my new signs... I started planning my next project to fill the wall space so stay tuned ;)  By the way... another thing that makes my heart happy is that little tricycle peeking out... our grand daughter spends a lot of time here and she loves to ride that around our house :)






4 comments:

  1. Yay - thanks for posting your signs :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! I have long admired your skills! Wish I had your eye sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how they turned out!!! Great job....gotta love Dixie Belle!

    ReplyDelete