Friday, November 17, 2023

National Take a Hike Day - Gift Ideas for Any Hiker

National Take a Hike Day




You may or may not know that I  love  hiking and how it has not only kept me physically fit but also provided a sanctuary for my mind and soul. If you're an outdoor enthusiast, you'll understand the magic of the great outdoors.


For me, hiking is not just a hobby; it's a way of life. The serenity of the forest, the rustling of leaves beneath my boots, and the crisp scent of the evergreens in the air provides a sense of peace and rejuvenation that's hard to find anywhere else. It's where I go to regroup, to find my balance, and to rediscover my connection with nature.


As John Muir once wisely said,


"In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks."


This National Hiking Day, I encourage you to lace up your boots, step outside, and experience the incredible benefits that nature has to offer.


Do you have a hiker on your gift list.... 

here are some practical gifts that any hiker would love.

(click on photo to go to website)




  1. Hiking shoes/boots - I prefer Merrell’s but a gift certificate to a specialty shoe/boot store would always be appreciated.

  2. Light n Tight leggings - the offer muscle and joint support, are breathable, sweat wicking and dry quickly. The pockets come in hand for holding a phone or even bear spray.




  1. Socks. Any hiker would love to get a fun pair of good quality wool or performance socks. Cotton is not a good choice as it is not sweatwicking and stays wet.

  2. Breathable Base Layers - The Copper Charged Tank is great as the copper threads do block odors. Top that with the Chill Long Sleeve and any hike would be set. Top it off with a breathable outer layer.



  1. Small Lightweight Day Pack - look for outside pockets to hold water bottle and inside pockets to keep things organized.

  2. Water bottle - I personally prefer stainless steel ones that keep water cold and a simple screw top lid - too many mechanisms provide areas for mould to grow.

















No comments:

Post a Comment